There is no better way to network with your key clients whilst providing a host of interesting panels and lively workshops to keep them informed on the latest market trends. Euromoney conferences provide an unparalleled opportunity for you to reach and remain at the forefront of your market.
To find out how you could benefit from sponsoring a Euromoney Conference please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7779 8488.
“You can’t let it pass if International Bank Financing is a relevant element of your job. This is the must attend event”
Carlos Gradim, Treasury Director, Biosev
The Latin America Syndicated Loans Conference took place on 28-29 September in Miami, welcoming over 150 arrangers, investors and borrowers from across Latin America and the US.
The event kicked off with an insightful macroeconomic overview from Neil Shearing, Capital Economics’ well-renowned Chief Emerging Markets Economist, with a message of cautious optimism for the room of packed delegates. Following that, the eagerly anticipated first panel summarised the ever pervasive debate of the conference: bonds vs loans. With White & Case’s Sabrena Silver moderating a distinguished line-up of banks, borrowers, and an economist, much ground was covered, as the panel contrasted loan syndication and DCM strategies, as well as the current state of international markets for bonds and loans.
Panels featuring institutional investors, corporate borrowers, and bank treasurers, completed the morning’s proceedings, with each session providing further colour on market sentiment. The investors, unveiled their key requirements for investing in the traditionally bank-dominated syndicated loan market; the bank treasurers weighed in on the value of club deals and flexible liability management; and a close-up interview with Fermaca’s Jean Perarnaud gave opinions on NAFTA, as his brain was picked by Bloomberg’s Michael Smith.
The afternoon featured streamed country workshops and panels on sustainable and responsible investment in Latin America. Roundtable workshops on infrastructure investment in Peru and Colombia contrasted with sessions featuring leading multilaterals and energy companies.
Throughout the day, several sessions made use of audience polling through the conference app, providing immediate feedback to pressing themes in the conference. The polls showed confidence in greater deal volume in Brazil; concern over political instability in Argentina; and the desire for more diverse lender involvement in loans for FIs.
The conference returned on day two with two final sessions. Firstly, a panel with two corporate borrowers assessing the lending environment for Mexican corporates; and finally, the event wrapped up with four ‘target tables’: interactive roundtable discussions that gave delegates the chance for interactive debate on some more niche issues within Latin American finance.
Key speakers for 2017
- Jean Perarnaud, Chief Financial Officer, Fermaca
- Samuel Bordereau, Head of Loan Syndications - Latin America, Scotiabank
- Marcos Meireles, Chief Executive Officer, Rio Energy
- Carlos Gradim, Treasury Director, Biosev
- José Antonio Aguliar, Principal, Vive Energia
- Brendan Herley, Director, Wells Fargo
- Leonardo Correa, Chief Financial Officer, MRV Engenharia e Participações
- Guilherme Diegues, Head of Treasury, Porto Sudeste
- Ignacio Lorenzo, Head of Structured Finance, Banco Santander
- Eduardo Zemborain, Head of Investment Banking and Specialized Industries, ICBC Argentina
- Eduardo Vivone, Head of Treasury, Bladex
Benefits of attending
- Quality content: Our Syndicated Loans conference in Miami has been providing the hottest industry debates, financial forecasts from industry leaders, in-depth look into deal prospects and highly regarded case-studies for the past 11 years.
- A diverse audience: 2016 saw representation from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Curacao, Ecuador, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Panama, Peru, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela
- Networking with industry leaders: Over 65% of last year’s attendees were C, D and V level executives.
- Top-notch speakers: We pride ourselves in the quality of speakers we acquire to run our sessions. Top level industry executives bring their vast experience and expertise to the conference, which no other conference in the industry can rival.